Bread pudding is very famous desert in many countries. There is no correct recipe for making Bread and butter pudding, it is made with left over bread with combination of milk,egg,sugar and dried fruits. It is usually served with custard. I am going to share my best recipe for Bread and Butter Pudding.
Ingredients for Making Bread Butter pudding :
- Fifty gm butter , softened (optional)
- 250gm panettone (about 5 medium slices)
- Two Eggs
- 142 ml carton double cream
- 225ml milk
- One tsp Vanilla Essence
- Two tbsp caster sugar
- icing sugar , for sprinkling
- whipped cream , to serve
Direction for Making Bread Butter pudding :
- Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3/fan 140C and grease a 850ml/ One and a half pint shallow baking pan with a little butter. slice the panettone into wedges, leaving the crusts on. Cut the butter slices in half and arrange them in the dish, buttered side up.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract and sugar and pour evenly over the panettone.
- Put the dish in a roasting tin and pour hot water around it to a depth of about 2.5cm/1in. Bake for 35 minutes until the pudding is just set - it should be yellow inside and nicely browned on top. sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with spoonfuls of custard or whipped cream.